Monday, January 6, 2014

Journal52, Day 5

Today, my Journal52 entry is a little more complex. 



I started by painting the background with Maya gold in a deep teal color.  I wanted a rough, textured look, so made sure that I had brush strokes going in many directions, and that the paint had both thick and thinner coverage in various areas.  While that was drying, I took a scrap of rice paper and added some very pale watercolor to it, then sketched some light marks in a track up its length.  I added that to the "drying" pile, and painted a piece of very crumpled kraft paper with Inca 3D paint and some additional Maya gold.  When all were dry, I added the rice paper piece to the background, then some torn bits of the textured kraft paper.  This looked somewhat like an old map to me, which was what I was trying for, so I rummaged in my stash for some fimo tiles I had made a few weeks ago and selected sailing ship and hot air balloon tiles to add to the page.  Done!





1 comment:

Susan Studio Arts said...

My day 2 of Make Art Every Day Challenge...more circles and triangles on a needle felted ATC.http://bit.ly/17ecK6m