Friday, January 10, 2014

Art Every Day, January 9

Becky brought her work for the last 9 days for me to photograph today.  She has been very busy, indeed.  Becky belongs to a knitting group that does a great deal of charity knitting.  Becky finished a crocheted hat:







and a prayer shawl:




and a beautiful stocking:



She was already working on the next prayer shawl, and also has a beret in the works.  I will only be able to post her work once a week.


Connie K. (http://cwkalina.blogspot.com/2014/01/day-8-art-every-day-knitting.html)  sent in two photographs.  One, a photo of some inspirational tire tracks, she took during a walk .  She says she thinks these would make great Zentangle designs and I agree.  They are great!



Connie is also learning to knit socks and spent several hours watching classes she found at Craftsy.  She has also decided to learn the Continental method of knitting at the same time.  Stay tuned for some of her new talents.




Genevieve T.



Lisa D. has been a few days between postings, but she has really been busy!  Look at these quilt blocks!  She plans to do some silk screening, stenciling, and other techniques on the quilt.



Susan (http://susanstudioarts.blogspot.com/2014/01/through-stargate.html) has completed another beautiful ATC.




I started to work on the Entrelac scarf.  I did fine on the first base triangle, but then twisted the second one somehow.  When I ripped that out, I went too far, and ended up starting all over again.  The second try got me to the third base triangle, then the same thing.  I have now done those three base triangles three times and set the scarf aside.  I think I have to pause for a bit, find some scrap yarn, and learn to knit backwards.  The problems I am having all have a base in the incessant turning of the work.  The instructions read like this:  K1, turn; P2, turn; SL1, K1, turn; P3, turn; SL1, K2, turn; P4, turn.  Every time I turn (which is every few seconds) is an opportunity to tangle things up.   So, I am not yet posting progress on the Entrelac scarf.  

I made better progress on my Journal52 pages.  I created a few backgrounds and did some Suminagashi pages, and submitted this Mardi Gras page for Jan 9th.


Until tomorrow....


1 comment:

Susan Studio Arts said...

Layers create depth and complexity...http://bit.ly/17ecK6m