I've completed my September 2020 3x5 Index Cart challenge (to myself, as part of my Art-Every-Day challenge). Here are the photos. The pairs are the way they appear in the bound booklet, with each card also being the back of another card so that there are no blank cards in the group. The single ones are the first and last pages.
Friday, September 18, 2020
Sunday, September 6, 2020
The ongoing 7-layer challenge for one of my journal groups can become confusing, so I created these tags to show the many different techniques/materials that can be used. So far, I have 60 tags, but there will be more as time passes. Here are quick scans of the first 60:
Wednesday, September 2, 2020
Today, another challenge. This one sprung from the 7-layer challenge ongoing on one of my groups. We were to make a 3 envelope folder using at least 7 of the following items: Glitter glue, stamping, decorative scissors, oxide inks, eye shadow, texture paste, label maker, paint, washi tape, and white gesso. Here is my finished piece. I used everything except the eye shadow (which I don't own), and added a couple of things which weren't called for. All pages began with an application of oxide ink to distress and age the edges, followed by random stamping on the outer edges and other materials as noted.. There will be a new challenge each week.
|The front cover. Uses oxide inks, stamping, white gesso, texture paste, label maker. Tied closed with a hemp cord threaded through an eyelet.|
|Inside page 1. oxide ink, stamping, washi tape, decorative scissors, glitter glue. There is a journaling card inside the pocket.|
|Inside center page. Oxide ink, stamping, white gesso, more stamping, glitter glue in myriad colors., washi tape.|
|Page 3. Oxide ink, stamping, white gesso, paint, more stamping, glitter glue, book page, and there is a journaling page inside the pocket.|
|Fist page of back. Oxide ink, stamping, previously created cluster with many layers.|
|Center outside page. Oxide ink, stamping, white gesso, acrylic ink, watercolor ink, owl and leaf motifs.|
Saturday, August 29, 2020
One of the crafting groups I participate in has a weekly challenge. This week, it was to create a journal in a tropical theme using three envelopes. I made a poor start as I first selected envelopes that were too flimsy; a second try had better results. Here is mine, finished this morning:
|From the outside, tied with a ribbon.|
|1st inside pocket.|
|2ns inside pocket|
|3rd inside pocket|
|1st outside page|
|2nd outside page|
|3rd outside page|
Tuesday, August 25, 2020
I've been playing with making monoprints for the last week or so and have produced quite a few pages. My plate is not as large as a full sheet of paper, but about 1 inch smaller on all sides. I've like the prints and decided to make a stack of greeting cards (which I go through *remarkably* fast). Here are the first dozen of them. Two of the cards are from printed paper, no monoprints, and are so marked. The scanner has slightly cut off some of the edges.
|Printed paper for background.|
|Printed paper for background.|
I was inspired by Tina at Shabbydabbydoodah, to make some of these pockets. They are really easy, despite the fact that you need to turn them this way and that a bit before you get the design right. I have not been neglecting my index card challenge, either, but have only done one side of a bunch of them; now to do the other side before I can show them in pairs here. For the moment; the pockets. The plain bits of white paper sticking out show where the actual pockets are found.
|This one has bits of hand-painted lace.|
|This one includes an old postage stamp from a stamp collection.|