Friday, January 3, 2014

Art Every Day - Jan 3

Day 3, of our challenge.

Connie K. worked on this piece:




Genevieve T. added still more to her CQ block:





Barbara K. spent some time creating a lovely floral arrangement:



And me?  Well, I knitted a few rows on my scrappy scarf.  This scarf is an effort to use a bunch of leftover 5 yard pieces of variegated tubular rayon "yarn" in a wide assortment of colors.  As such, the color is quite bold.  I am really liking it, although there are a large number of joins.  For the joins, I am using my favorite technique, the Russian join, which is really easy and works wonderfully well.  Using regular yarn, it is essentially invisible.  with this tubular knit, it is a bit more difficult, but still pretty much invisible.  I've always hated working those ends back into the knitted item.  This join avoids that issue altogether.



I also worked on my Journal52 page, the details are in a previous post.



Hope you have had a chance to visit my Flickr site.  That link, again, is   http://www.flickr.com/photos/bertnparker/


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Here is a link to my blog with my Day 3 and 4.
Nina

http://mytimedisappears.blogspot.com/2014/01/art-every-day-days-3-4.html