Saturday, February 26, 2022

Thinking Back to March 2013

 With March fast approaching  (not fast enough), I have been thing back to a journal I made in 2013.  My Mom was living with us -- and her dementia -- at that time, and I was always wishing for winter to end so that I could tire her out by walking on the local Rail Trail, and inspire her to sleep all night.   I created this little journal then, and have made some additions in recent years.  My Mom passed away in the summer of 2016, not having a clue who I was, or who she was, either.  Alzheimer's Disease it a terrible thing.  This little journal brings back better memories.  The cover is cloth over a cut up cereal box.  I added a HUGE opening handle, so now it does not sit close to friends.  All the edges are zig-zagged on my sewing machine.  I'll be making a new one again this March, and you will get to see it later.































No comments: