Friday, August 7, 2020

Driving 80 miles for a Pizza!

Who would have ever thought that to get a decent pizza, you'd have to drive 80 miles?   Not me, of course.  To get a good hot dog is almost 200 miles.   The Pizza is on the far side of Helena, the hot dog is in Butte.  Ah, well, the scenery on the roads to those places is spectacular and so the trip goes pleasantly  (those are round trip distances, too, not just the one way distance).  I love my little town, but great food is not one of its strongest points.  Great steaks and potatoes are pretty easy to find.  But then, I didn't really move here just for the food.  We sadly have lost a couple of restaurants this year, but a new one offering breakfast and lunch will be opening in a month or so.  I'm not generally awake at the usual "breakfast" time, so that may not help much.  I'm a night owl and sleep in til late morning, so the lunch option may be my best bet.    I do sometimes envy those (I used to be one of them) who could order take out from any number of places and ethnicities.  I miss that.  Lots.  But not enough to move.   So, I'll have my long distance pizza runs and miss getting pita bread (none around here) with a Greek Salad.  Ah, well. 

No comments: