Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Using a complete 12x12 Paper

 Still working on restocking my ephemera stash. I first made the paper clip pockets I posted a couple of days ago. Now, I wanted some paper clips pockets in a shorter version to fit into a new journal in progress. So...I started with a 12x12 sheet of paper, as before. This time I cut off 4 inches across the top of the page and set it aside. With the remaining 8x12 piece, I cut it vertically into 6 strips, each 2x8. These were then scored at 2 1/2 inches and again at 2 inches. Folding these, the 2 1/2 inch portion overlaps the 2 inch folded piece. I notched added a shallow finger notch to the longer one. I then paper punched hole at the folded edge of the shorter folded piece (half the depth of the punch so it would be even on the front and back). Slide a paper clip into the hole with the shorter end on the outside of the top. Glue the top flap down to secure the clip. Fold the lower flap us and glue the sides fo form a pocket. Dry. Insert your tag or other items (tickets, papers, whatever) into the pocket. Add any desired decorations to the tip of the paper clip. Done! Here are the pictures.








No comments: