Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Pay It Forward 2014 Reminder

The second challenge I am issuing is one of Pay if Forward.  This is a very, very easy challenge that is almost no challenge at all.  The concept is that you give to anyone of your choosing a small, unexpected gift at some point during the course of 2014.  Maybe the person is undergoing a difficult spell, or needs a pick-me-up, or you just decide that you want to send someone something that will make them happy or surprised.

How do you sign up?  Leave a commend that says you want to play.

The pay it forward spans the entire year, not just one month, and all you are committing to is sending one surprise item to someone during that year.   Since I issued this, I will be sending out dozens of items to dozens of people, but they only commit to one surprise gift to anyone of their choosing.  Pretty easy. In other words, when you have signed up,  I send you a small gift of some type during the course of the year -- it may be in January, it may be in May, it may be at the end of the year...my whim.  In turn, sometime during the year, you send someone else a little gift whenever the mood strikes you.  You have the full 12 months in which to send off one gift to someone of your own choosing.  It isn't very time consuming, and it is a small item --  a picture, a package of tea, some fancy paper, a yard of ribbon, some beads, a charm or two.  Something that will fit inside a regular envelope and use regular postage works just fine.   Or it can be a gift OF you -- a gift of your time, help with a project, a ride on a sunny day for someone who is housebound, the offer of a simple picnic.  What you give is purely up to you.

I've done this for the last several years, and I have enjoyed it immensely.  I hope you will choose to join me in this during 2014.  If you want to play, please let me know by Dec. 31st.  I want to start the New Year right.

No comments: