Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Art Every Day Reminder

I'm just sending a quick reminder about my Art Every Day Challenge. 

This is one of two challenges I am issuing.  The other one is Pay it Forward, and I will send a separate reminder about that one. 

Art Every Day is a challenge ONLY for the month of January.  For that one month, you create something and post about it -- on your blog, on Facebook, or Flickr.  If you don't have any of those -- if you want to participate, you can message me with the picture of your work for the day and I will post it on my blog and Flickr accounts.  I have started a new set for challenge pictures on my Flickr account.  The work that you do every day need not always be finished that same day.  For example, if you are knitting a scarf, or pair of socks, you simply take a picture of the sock or scarf each day, showing how much -- or little! -- progress you made that day.  If it is a piece of CQ, a picture of the motif or seam or beading done that day is what you would submit, plus a sentence or a few sentences about what the project is and what is shown in the picture.

We all know that this will require a bit of time, that is why it is a challenge.  But, in truth, most of us have something to report every day.  Even if it is just two rows of knitting or a square inch of stitching, a few lines of paint, a 4 line poem, a flower arrangement, a different way of decorating your home,  a created garment, whatever.   What I am challenging you to do is DOCUMENT the wonderful things you do every day and be proud of your accomplishments.

I currently have a few folks who plan to play along for January.  My intention is to continue this challenge for myself for the entire year.  SO, I will be offering this challenge to each of you on a month-by-month basis.  If January is a rugged month for you, maybe April is better.  Your choices are many.

I do hope that you will consider joining me on this challenge.  I think it will be fun, and help us to recognize and appreciate  just how much art is in our daily lives.

6 comments:

Rays of Stitches said...

This could be the shot in the arm I need. The want to is there but the time management, etc. etc. etc. has been lacking. My sewing room is a disaster with many UFO's just calling to me to get busy!!!

Barb

Anonymous said...

Hi Vickie, I've done a bit of work for Day 1 of the challenge, but Blogger refuses to let me into my own blog :/ to post a scan of it. Not sure what to do to show you my work but at least I did it, and enjoyed it too. Now to decide what to do for Day 2!!

Di

Vickie said...

Di, you can email me the picture of your project, with a brief description, and I will include the link here in my blog. The email address is vt80908@gmail.com

I'm glad you decided to give it a shot.


Susan Studio Arts said...

Vickie, Happy New Year to you and your family. I know I'm a bit late to the party but my 5 year old baby cat was injured on New Year's Eve and had to have the pads on both his back paws stitched. I've had little sleep the past few days and was able to stitch a bit so, may I join your challenge to post every day? This is my blog: susanstudioarts.blogspot.com
Thanks, Susan.

Vickie said...

Susan, you are not too late to begin. There are several others who will also be starting late because life got in the way. Hope your kitty soon feels like new, and that you can relax. Vickie

Susan Studio Arts said...

Thank you Vickie...will be posting photos soon.