Monday, February 7, 2011

Stash, Stash, Stash

I confess. I have a ton of quilting "stash." Another ton of weaving stash. Knitting yarns. Threads. Buttons. Silks. Enough to last for several lifetimes. I keep giving it away, and more seems to appear. I don't buy new (or used, for that matter) stash. I put things on Craigslist, Ebay, Freecycle... There must be stash gremlins hiding things in another dimension and as soon as I rid myself of a bunch of totes full, those totes are full again. In the last year, I've given away more than 50 huge Rubbermaid totes (the ones that measure about 22" x 16" x 15") FULL of stash. I've even given away the containers so that they could not mysteriously refill...but I am STILL finding myself with a ton of stuff that I no longer want or need. I'm making things as quickly as I can. Giving them away to all who will use them. Ah, well, back to stitching and off the computer.

No comments: