Saturday, July 25, 2020

Today was a day of disasters!


Today has been a disaster of a day. They happen to all of us occasionally, but....today either I was particularly clumsy or the stars were definitely not in my favor. It all started first thing this morning. DH went off to Bozeman for an errand and before he left, he got me a 20 oz coffee. I finished getting ready for the day, gathered the coffee and made my way to my studio. It was a bit early and the coffee was too hot, so I left it on my desk for a bit. When I finally picked it up, the cover exploded off and drenched my desk, my computer/keyboard, and everything else in sight, including me and the floor. At least half of the huge cup was gone. The keyboard may be ruined, as I started draining coffee out of it and an hour later, coffee was still dripping out. I'll wait until it dries out before I try to use it. I did get the computer back up and online, but had to scrounge for another keyboard. AND clean up the HUGE mess. DH can home at this point.
After I finally got that mostly sorted out, a wasp invaded my studio. I'm very allergic to them, so now I had to abandon working altogether until the wasp was gone. Then DH discovered that the car paint he had gone to get in Bozeman was not a very dark gray (as it appeared on the color card at the auto paint store) but an extremely dark purple. This is to be the trim color on the vintage Austin Healey he is restoring (the main color is black) and he was in a fit. I actually like the purple (by itself it looks black, it only looks more purple when compared to the black). He finally came around/calmed down and decided he also liked it, so I guess we will end up with a black and purple vintage sports car. What more can happen??? I'm back in the studio, no idea where the wasp has hidden. Maybe it will find its way out again. I'm hoping tomorrow goes more smoothly.

No comments: