Sunday, June 25, 2017

Art Every Day, June 25 2017

Yesterday, I started playing catch-up with my art every day restart.  Today, more images, this time, items 9/365 through 17/365.

Item 9/365: A photograph postcard for one of my Postcrossings mailings.  Postcrossings is a worldwide exchange center of for postcards that is fun for all the participants.   This particular card is of a road going up a canyon just a couple of miles from my home.   This card went to Germany.

Indian Creek Road


Item 10/365:  This is another postcard for Postcrossings, one that went to a young girl in Russia.  She was very interested in fairy tales and I found this unicorn image and made a postcard from it.  Hope she likes it.

Unicorn Card sent to Germany


Item 11/365:  This postcard went to the Netherlands.  Brusho was my choice for the background, this time both painted and sprinkled, then I added gold embossing paste through a stencil.


Art Card sent to the Netherlands


Item 12/365:Watercolor crayon for the 1st layer, then Brusho and finally, acrylic gloss medium.  This postcard went to Australia and I wanted to make sure it was waterproofed for the trip.


Art Card sent to Australia


Item 13/365:  Ths postcard is a collage of many types of hand painted and distressed papers.  It went to Germany.

Art Card sent to Germany



Item 14/365:  I created this postcard using inks for the background, First I added the inks, then while they were still wet, I covered the inks with crumpled up saran wrap and let the card dry.  Then, I added a fern leaf created from translucent embossing paste which I had tinted green.  This card went to someone in the US.

Art Card sent to USA


Item 15/365:Another photograph of a mountain road near our home.  This postcard went to New Zealand.

Road in the Big Belt Mountains


Item 16/365: This card uses a rubber stamp from Wplus9 designs.  The first layer of color in the flowers and leaves is from alcohol markers.  After that I did all the shading with colored pencil (one of my favorite mediums).  This card went to Taiwan.


Postcard sent to Taiwan


Item 17/365:  The last entry for today is a journal page.  I finally discovered my bird feeder and hung it this week, so this page celebrates that milestone.


Bird journal page

No comments: