Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

I always have good intentions, but too often get sidetracked.  I think that is a pretty common dilemma for many of us.  This year, I'm going to try something new...actually, something that I used to do when I was in the "corporate" world:  plan some tasks to be completed a during the following week.  Like a dreaded term paper back in the day, certain things just get set aside repeatedly.  Maybe I can get a handle on them this way.

Now, I know that some of you are already laughing.  I am, too.  But I will TRY to manage things one week at a time.  A month is too long.  A year?  Might as well be infinity.   Maybe I can do one week.  I realize that with Mom and her needs, any plan I come up with could fly out the window in an instant. 

With that in mind, I will try to list, every Monday, 5 things that I hope to accomplish during the following week.  The first one will always be the same, I know.  It is a fact of life, but when you do as much laundry as I do, it can get out of hand very quickly.

Week 1:

1.  Finish all of the week's laundry.  There, I've said it, now just to DO it.   Note to self:  Are there disposable sheets as well as undergarments?
2.  Finish my Thursday Stitcher's group challenge.  The challenge for this quarter is to create a crazy quilted 3-dimensional, life-size fruit. 
3.  Quilt one of the quilts in my stack of "to-be-quilted-some-other-time quilt tops.
4.  Make more laundry detergent.
5.  Get all the January birthday gifts selected, wrapped, and mailed.

I'll report on my progress on this week, and forecast Week 2 next Monday. 

Are there tasks you always put off?



No comments: