Friday, January 15, 2010

Catching up with work




I recently joined an online quilting group devoted to using up "stash" and boy, do I need it! I am one of those quilters who cannot toss out any usable bits of fabric, so I'm always looking for ways to use little bits and pieces. I made this set 6 placemats from tiny strings of fabric -- some only 3/4 of an inch wide.

I discovered a tote containing thousands and thousands of tiny fabric triangles -- cut years ago and set aside (don't ask. I cannot remember why I did this!). I combined them and made a queen sized quilt from them, which I will eventually get a picture of when I can hang the quilt from the deck and get a good photo.


And, on the knitting side of the studio, I found a great shawl pattern and knitted it for my mom for Christmas. The soft colors are just her style.

No comments: