Sunday, February 8, 2009

Winter Catch-up

Time flies! I have been so remiss in getting things up and onto the blog. Wow, nothing since September...so a not-so-brief catch-up is probably needed.

In October, the highlight of the month was a four-day trip to NYC. We saw three operas at the met in one weekend. What a treat! Madama Butterfly, Lucia di Lammermoor, and Doctor Atomic. All were spectacular. In between performances, we sampled lots of great food. You cannot go hungry in New York unless you really try. We didn't even try. We had bagels from H and H, great pastrami from Stage Deli, fabulous Indian food at Madras Mahal, Mexican, and snacks from street vendors. Lots of walking, too, and the weather was just perfect most of the time. Getting to the City is so easy on Amtrak...and so relaxing. Our son, who lives in Oregon, joined us for the long weekend and we really enjoyed being with him.

November found me wildly getting ready all those hand-made cards I send out every year to our friends and relatives. Here are a few of the cards:

This card is had-felted wool, a deep sunset impression.



This one is an impression of the aurora borealis, done for a friend who lived many years in Alaska.



A collage of wool, felts, ribbons, fabrics.



Another felt and fiber collage.



I've been busy with other work, too. I've made dozens of scarves. Here are two of them.






I've also been making notepad covers for friends. This is the outside cover of one:



A couple of pairs of the socks I've knitted recently:





And a big basket (14 inches across, 6 inches high) to hold my current knitting projects.



I've also made dozens of painted domino pins for friends. Here are a two samples:



No comments: