Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Tale of Two Shoes

This week, I've bitten the bullet and started cleaning my closet -- something I've needed to do for years. As you know, when you clean up something, there is this really messy time in the middle of cleaning. Everything is out and in piles that you have to climb over and creep around. I had gotten to that point Friday afternoon (actually, I'm not past it yet) when I realized that I had to rush to get to my physical therapy session on time. So....I grabbed the sweatpants and t-shirt, socks and shoes, quickly changed, and ran. I barely made it in the hospital door and the therapist was already waiting for me. Whew! I made it!

So......I finished the hour-long session, came home and left on the sweats and dove back into the piles of "stuff" laying around everywhere. I was determined to at least clear a path through the mess before DH came home.

Later that night, as I was getting ready for bed, I took off one of my shoes and placed it next to its mate. Then, I took off my other shoe. For a moment, I sat confused...looking at the two matched shoes and holding the one I'd just taken off. Reality hit: I'd been wearing one each of two different pairs of sneakers all day. They don't look anything alike, other than both having a lot of white on them. They don't feel the same.

Now, I'm wondering just how many folks noticed?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome knitting and fiber art. You sure are a talented person. Thanks for sharing with us.

Julie