Friday, June 13, 2008

Catching Up

I started June with a terrific 2-day "Tourist" vacation in New York City and did all the usual tourist things: rode the ferry to Liberty Island, Ellis Island; saw "Swan Lake" at the Met; spent far too little time in the Museum of Fine Art (I could go there daily for years and still not see it all); went to the top of the Empire State Building at midnight; ate far too much (but who can resist all the fabulous ethnic restaurants in Manhattan?); walked around the Guggenheim (its under refurbishment); got blisters from lots of walking; and not least -- got in a little "people watching" and a street fair on Lexington Avenue. I had a small accident on the subway -- a sudden, unexpected lurch made me loose my balance and quickly grab a pole. So quickly that I cracked a bone in my wrist and pulled my thumb briefly out of joint. I didn't go to the ER. Why waste my 48 hours in NYC?

Getting home, I did go to the ER and now sport a blue and black splint to immobilize my thumb. I can't wait to get it off -- no stitching, no weaving, no spinning, no knitting. Boring. And ------- I can't get to work on my new on-line class until I get the splint off.

Why is spring so short? After far too few perfect days, it's become very hot and muggy . I don't enjoy the humidity at all.

No comments: